Medical specialty: Pediatrics
Within pediatrics, one focus is on the prevention of diseases.
Other disciplines of pediatrics include:
- Children hematology and oncology: blood and cancer diseases in childhood
- Pediatric gastroenterology: diseases of the digestive system of children
- Nephrology: conservative therapy of kidney diseases
- Pediatric orthopedics: diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Children's pulmonology: lung diseases in childhood, especially asthma
Specialty medical training to become a pediatrician usually takes at least five years.