University Hospital Zurich (UHZ)
With its 43 departments and 8500 employees from 86 countries, the University Hospital Zurich is one of the largest hospitals in Switzerland.
About this clinic
- All rooms feature, radio, TV, direct dial phone and wifi
- Meals are varied and in line with nutritional research and cultural needs
- Additional amenities include gurest facility and hairdresser
- Located in Zurich’s city centre/ 20 min from Zurich Airport
University Hospital Zurich (UHZ) is the sole provider of many cutting-edge therapies in the country.
The UHZ is closely affiliated with the University of Zurich's medical school and conducts numerous research projects with the Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich. This puts the University Hospital Zurich at the international forefront of medical research and technological advances. Many outstanding clinicians have practised at the hospital, including Andreas Grüntzig, inventor of the heart balloon catheterisation and Rolf Zinkernagel, who received the Nobel Prize for the discovery of how the immune system recognizes virus-infected cells in 1996.
- Divisions: 43 medical departments
- Number of physicians: 1250
- Number of employees: 800
- Number of patients/p. a.: 200’000
Registered medical specializations
- Pharmacology and toxicology
- Orthopedics and trauma surgery
- Internal medicine
- Hand surgery
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- Endocrinology and diabetology
- Surgery of the chest (thoracic surgery)
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Cardiac surgery